Intrigued and interested in the overlap between politics and history

 


I became aware of how history surrounds us by Sahib Kaur

One of my favourite parts of the trip was when we visited Parliament House. This wasn’t originally part of the plan for the trip but I am glad we visited it. I am someone who is intrigued and interested in the overlap between politics and history, so this was such an memorable experience. When we saw the original post office wall and the plaque, I had a moment where I became aware of how history surrounds us. It all became incredibly real in my head during this moment and I connected the stories of the post office workers that we previously shared, to the wall. I had a few moments of awareness during the trip where I realised it was a real historical event and not just something we read about, but this was by far the most intense.


Other than the rich history we were exposed to in the Northern Territory, I made new friends and had so many enjoyable moments. I loved the little moments like when I plaited Ella’s hair and Amelie plaited mine or the random breakfast conversations. The trip was truly an unforgettable experience, that I will cherish for my whole life

Comments

Popular posts

The 2021 Premiers' Anzac Spirit School Prize is happening now!

The moments of quiet reflection

Some final health advice and purchases